Thursday, October 31, 2019
Wednesday, October 30, 2019
I'm fully aware that we're not even done with October yet - but I got coffee at Dunkin' Donuts yesterday and love their holiday cup design this year! The little doughnut snowflakes and wreath especially are too cute. Since it's been pretty chilly here recently it feels more like we're getting closer to the holiday season with these festive cups!
Tuesday, October 29, 2019
Monday, October 28, 2019
What better way to get fully immersed in the fall spirit than a delicious pumpkin shake from Shake Shack?
This shake consists of a "vanilla frozen custard blended with real pumpkin, marshmallow, cinnamon, and nutmeg and topped with toasted pumpkin seeds". I love the extra texture and decoration of the toasted pumpkin seeds on top, and that the pumpkin flavor isn't a super strong pumpkin pie-like flavor. This shake is available through the end of October, so be sure to head over soon if you want to try it out!
Friday, October 11, 2019
Thursday, October 10, 2019
Wednesday, October 9, 2019
As soon as I saw this fall-themed wood wick candle on Sophie & Lili's Instagram account, I knew I had to have it! I pre-ordered this item and received it in the mail yesterday - it's even cuter in person!
The packaging itself is right up my alley and I am definitely considering keeping the box just for the label, haha. The candle is a nice sized wood wick candle and smells like apples and cinnamon - so good! The glass candle container will be a cute storage jar after I am done burning the candle as well. She also has a few holiday-themed candles available for pre-order as well if you're looking for some great holiday gifts.
Tuesday, October 8, 2019
Monday, October 7, 2019
- A Kitchen Addiction: Sourdough English muffin bread.
- Seasons and Suppers: Pumpkin pie.
- Oh Sweet Basil: Chicken, potato, broccoli, and corn chowder.
- The Kitchn: Pesto chicken dip.
- Creme de la Crumb: Snickerdoodle cookies.
Yesterday was Pike and Rose's annual Piketoberfest, and it was a great day to celebrate fall! There were lots of people enjoying the festival right when it started, and the crowd kept getting bigger as the afternoon went on. Of course one of my main objectives was getting some of Sunday Morning Bakehouse's soft pretzels - so soft and delicious! Lots of stores from the area participated with food and giveaways, as well as live music and kids' activities. I hope they continue to host fun events like this throughout the year!
Friday, October 4, 2019
Thursday, October 3, 2019
- The Live-In Kitchen: Sweet potato rolls.
- Kirbie's Cravings: 35 pumpkin recipes.
- I Heart Naptime: Baked spaghetti.
- Picky Palate: Soft pumpkin cookies.
- Style Sweet: Pumpkin cake with maple cream cheese frosting.
Wednesday, October 2, 2019
October is a great month for lots of fall themed cupcake flavors at Georgetown Cupcake!
- Pumpkin Cheesecake: Pumpkin cheesecake cupcake with a graham cracker crust, topped with maple cream cheese frosting and a fondant maple leaf
- Pumpkin Spice: Pumpkin spice cupcake with a maple-infused cream cheese frosting topped with a fondant maple leaf
- Chocolate Ghost: Valrhona Chocolate cupcake topped with whipped Callebaut chocolate ganache frosting and decorated with a white fondant ghost
- Vanilla Bat: Classic Madagascar vanilla cupcake topped with orange buttercream frosting and a black fondant bat
- Vanilla Candy Spider: Classic Madagascar vanilla cupcake baked with chocolate candy pieces, topped with orange buttercream frosting and a black fondant spider
- Chocolate Toffee Spider Web: Valrhona chocolate cupcake baked with crushed toffee pieces, topped with purple buttercream frosting and a fudge spider web drizzle
- Halloween Surprise: Madagascar vanilla cupcake infused with orange and black non-pareils, topped with a whipped Callebaut chocolate frosting and decorated with a white fondant ghost
- Vampire Red Velvet: Red Velvet cupcake decorated with a black fondant bat
- Midnight Cookies and Creme: Valrhona chocolate cupcake topped with a milk chocolate cookies & crème buttercream frosting and cookie crumbles
- Haunted Chocolate Cheesecake: Valrhona chocolate cheesecake with a cookie crust, topped with a whipped Callebaut chocolate frosting and decorated with a green fondant ghost
- TLC "Give a Little" Red Velvet: Red Velvet cupcakes with vanilla cream cheese frosting, decorated with a sprinkling of gold sanding sugar and red confetti hearts, topped with coordinating “Give A Little TLC” and “Stand Up Against Bullying” logo fondant. These cupcakes are available for in-store purchase only from October 1st – October 31st.