Friday, February 24, 2012

Cooking Light Chocolate Chip Coffee Muffins



I usually enjoy making the baked goods in my monthly issues of Cooking Light, and this chocolate chip coffee muffin recipe was no exception.  The idea of coffee and chocolate chips in a muffin sounded delicious and a great combination of flavors I love!

The recipe came together really easily, as most of the ingredients are items I have on hand.  And yes, that includes the instant coffee - I love using it in chocolate recipes to add extra flavor (thank you Ina Garten for the tip!).  I did use skim milk instead of whole milk since that is what I normally drink.  

I was a little concerned at how chunky these looked pre- and post-baking, but it's more of an aesthetic thing and didn't affect the taste.  Both the coffee and chocolate flavors are strong in these muffins, and it's a nice balance of both.  I think these would be great for a regular breakfast item or for a brunch party!

1 comment: