Wednesday, August 8, 2012

The Yellow Leaf Cupcake Company - Dulce de Leche Cheesecake Cupcake

You know I can't go out to Seattle without a visit to the Yellow Leaf Cupcake Company, right??  We stopped in on a Thursday afternoon after popping into Top Pot for some iced coffee, and I was excited to check out the offerings for that day.

Unfortunately (or fortunately, for my health), there weren't too many "crazy" flavors by this point in the day, so I just got one cupcake - the Dulce de Leche Cheesecake cupcake.




Since the top was completely covered in frosting and a crumbly topping, I wasn't sure if this would still be a cupcake, or an actual cheesecake on the bottom. 




As you can see from this photo, it's a little of both!  The main portion of the cupcake is still cake, but there's a buttery crust on the bottom just like a cheesecake.  The cake was mostly vanilla-flavored with some strong caramel notes.  The frosting was much thicker than the other cupcakes I have tried from here, but still delicious.  Yet another delicious cupcake from Yellow Leaf :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment