Monday, December 17, 2018

Canopy by Hilton - Pike & Rose

Last Friday evening, a group of us were invited to the Canopy by Hilton hotel in Pike & Rose for an event that included a tour of the hotel and a chance to try out some of their food and drink selections that they offer.  I like that the hotel's focused on both the hotel guests and the local residents, and fits in really well with the rest of the neighborhood.  

We started with some mulled cider in the lobby area, which is actually on the third floor.  The street entrance opens up to a large, open staircase as well as elevators to the lobby.  The lobby flows right into the common area, which includes a bar and dining room alongside a lot of open seating.  I love this huge chandelier that is made up of copies of National Geographic magazine! 


 


We then were taken around for a tour of the hotel, including one of the one bedroom suites.  Light wood and grey is the majority of my condo interior, so naturally I really like the hotel rooms in here, haha.  The bathroom in the suite is very spacious with space for everything - I wish my bathroom looked like this!  I also love the socks that come in every room on the nightstands.  Because the rooms are concrete with rugs place around the rooms, it's a nice cozy touch for the guests!  There are also glass bottles and drinking glasses in every room, which can be filled with the filtered water dispensers found by the elevators on every floor.  I really like the little touches like this - I like having water when I stay in hotels but don't want to pay for overpriced water bottles every time. 





After the tour we were treated to dinner to get a taste of the food and drinks that the hotel offers - I loved the semi-private space we ate in, with plenty of seating and lots of windows to look down at the holiday lights on the streets below.  I'm a sucker for tiny cute foods, and they had a wide variety of little dishes for us to try in addition to the main menu items - which were beef tenderloin, garlic roasted potatoes, and butternut squash.  I especially liked the salmon Rillettes in the tiny dishes and the mini fish tacos.  Plenty of cocktails and macarons rounded out the meal - the macarons served as both dessert and decor along with the sparkly holiday decorations in the room.  

 


 


I'm very happy I got a chance to check out what the hotel offers, especially as someone that lives nearby.  It wouldn't have really crossed my mind to come here that often, since I live close and wouldn't be staying over.  It's a great space for drinks or dinner if you're in the area, and a perfect fit for the Pike & Rose neighborhood!


Canopy by Hilton Washington DC - Bethesda North
940 Rose Avenue
North Bethesda, MD 20852 


Note: I was invited to the Canopy Hilton for the event but was not paid for this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment