Monday, June 17, 2019

Commonwealth Indian Pike & Rose - Yellow Crab Curry

I recently went to Commonwealth Indian, which opened recently in Pike & Rose.  If any locals remember the old La Madeleine spot, this is what finally took its place.  They did a really nice job completely transforming it though, and you wouldn't think it was the same restaurant space at all.  I knew for my first visit I had to try the Yellow Crab Curry entree, which I've seen lots of good reviews for since they opened.

 


The Yellow Crab Curry consists of "Maryland jumbo crab lumps, lightly simmered in turmeric, coconut milk, red chili and royal cumin".  All of the entrees came with a small salad, rice, yogurt sauce, and little Papadums.  We also ordered a side of the Rosemary Naan because I can't resist some extra carbs, haha.

As you can see the crab curry has big chunks of lump crab, and it was delicious to the last spoonful!  You can request varying spice levels when you order - this one was Medium spice, which had a tiny kick and was the perfect punch of flavor for me.  I can definitely see why people have been raving about this dish.  If you like crab dishes, you should not miss out on ordering this menu item!


Commonwealth Indian
11610 Old Georgetown Road 
North Bethesda, MD 20852
240.833.3055

No comments:

Post a Comment