Monday, December 9, 2019

Mitsuwa NJ Visit - Ramen Santouka and Omusubi Gonbei

I was recently up in Northern NJ for work, and was pretty happy to see that I happened to be staying very close to the Mitsuwa market complex in Edgewater, NJ!  I used to come here a lot with my family when we lived in NJ, but I haven't been in years since we all moved away.  It was so nice getting to stop in and do some shopping like old times!

Ramen Santouka has been at the food court of Mitsuwa for as long as I can remember, so of course I had to grab lunch there before driving back home.  Below is the Tonkotsu Miso ramen - the broth is delicious, and the tender pieces of chashu pork are so good! 



I also picked up these at Omusubi Gonbei, which I don't think was around when I was shopping at Mitsuwa years ago.   They had a bunch of different omusubi flavors so it took some time to decide.  But I decided on the shrimp tempura and pork chashu omusubi.  Both were really tasty and packed with so much flavor.  A place like this would be a great option for a quick snack or meal, depending on how many you get.  I would love for one of these to open in the DC area!



No comments:

Post a Comment