Friday, August 21, 2009

Love, Love, Love: Birthday Dinner at Ray's the Steaks

Ray's the Steaks is probably one of my favorite restaurants in the area now, and as luck would have it, S and K live within walking distance to the restaurant. I was v. excited to have my birthday dinner there since we all hadn't been in a while. As usual, Michael Landrum (sorry, old link) and his team did not dissapoint.

The best part about Ray's the Steaks, in my opinion is all the random stuff that we all would not expect from a steakhouse. Comfortable, casual atmosphere. Complimentary spiced cashews and yummy bread. Prices that make any newcomer do a double take (example: $24 special that includes a soup/salad, choice of sirloin/hanger steak/sea scallops entree, and dessert). Etc, etc.

In focus, no. Delicious, YES.


I ordered the Brazilian- which comes with a spicy, garlic-y, herb-y, OMG-y chimichurri sauce on the side. Garlic mashed potatoes, plain mashed potatoes, and creamed spinach are included with every entree, served family-style to the table. A-MA-ZING.



Mmm...mousse-y.


Everyone but me ordered the special so that included dessert, but our server was nice enough to comp me a birthday dessert, so I ordered the dark chocolate mousse. It was rich, smooth, and super delicious. Others got the white chocolate mousse, milk chocolate mousse, strawberries and cream (all served in a wine glass like above), and key lime pie.




Yeah this is the LEFTOVERS.

What's better than eating at Ray's? Take a look at the photo above. THEY GIVE YOU FRESH SIDES OF MASHED POTATOES AND CREAMED SPINACH WITH YOUR LEFTOVER ENTREE. That alone, literally might be worth saving that 2-bite piece of steak you're debating on finishing off, haha. They also gave me more of the chimichurri sauce which was a nice surprise.

If I could, I would totally make a standing reservation there to eat at least once a week, and I honestly would not be surprised if anyone out there actually DOES do that.

Special thanks to my fabulous friends for treating me to a birthday dinner at Ray's!

1 comment: