Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Recipe: Martha Stewart's Chocolate Chunk Cookie Cupcakes



Mise en place

Moving onto recipe #2 from the Martha Stewart Cupcake book, this Chocolate Chunk Cookie Cupcake seemed easy and v. tasty.  I mean it's a cookie + cupcake, how can you go wrong!?

I halved the recipe, which was a little tricky because a lot of the original measurements weren't whole amounts (like 1 cup, 1/2 tbs, etc.) but it wasn't too bad.  I had only one substitution, which is using chocolate chips rather than chocolate chunks- I didn't really feel like buying a baking bar and cutting up myself, sue me.  Having a Kitchenaid stand mixer definitely helps to move things along, but this recipe is easy enough to make without one, really. 


 
All done!

These cupcakes are moist and delicious.  They reminded me a little of a pound cake- definitely rich and buttery, not a light airy cupcake if that's what you are expecting!  I was a little afraid all of the chocolate chips would sink to the bottom but I didn't really have an issue with that. I'm not sure if this is really a "cupcake", since there is no frosting, but who am I to argue with Martha?

No comments:

Post a Comment