Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Recipe: Chocolate Cheerios Bars

 

Chocolately cereal bars!
I don't think I've been particulary shy about my love of the new Chocolate Cheerios, haha!  I thought it was about time to try these out "in" something besides my morning routine, and found the perfect opportunity in a work potluck lunch.  I found this recipe for Chocolate Peanut Butter Cereal Bars on the Cheerios website and thought it sounded really easy and delicious.  

I omitted the raisins, which I don't like, and instead of drizzling the chocolate on top, just mixed in the chocolate chips with the rest of the ingredients.  This recipe came together really quickly, which is expected from a no-bake, mix together recipe like this, haha.  As you can see in my photo, the mixture is incredibly sticky and gooey, so be sure to use a sturdy sharp knife to cut this into bars.  If you're a fan of chocolate, peanuts, or any combo of the two, you will like these bars, trust me.  It went over well at the potluck, and I got a chance to introduce the Chocolate Cheerios to my co-workers, most of whom did not know this flavor existed :o)  Obviously this isn't any sort of gourmet business- it's cereal bars after all- but it's incredibly easy and yummy!  

2 comments:

  1. OH those look really good...I can't believe I still haven't tried chocolate cheerios yet!?! Totally getting them next grocery trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Ashley: UGHHHH GET THEM NOWWWWWWWWWW

    ReplyDelete