Thursday, July 22, 2010

Georgetown Cupcake: Blueberry Coffeecake + Chocolate and Vanilla Cupcakes

 
Blueberry Coffeecake + Chocolate and Vanilla

 
Something old, something new.  Well, the Chocolate and Vanilla cupcake isn't old, per se, but moreso a regular menu item that's been around since the beginning.  I'm sure I've had it before at some point, but since I haven't blogged about it- here ya go!
 
The Chocolate and Vanilla cupcake is essentially Georgetown Cupcake's signature chocolate cake with vanilla frosting- what makes it special are these little tiny square French chocolate sprinkles.  An interesting variation of regular sprinkles, and I can't say I've seen them at any other bakery before here.  I enjoy sprinkles in general, but sometimes don't like how they rounded shape makes it hard for them to adhere to frosting.  Not so with these flat, square ones!  Actually, maybe these should be called "confetti" instead of sprinkles, because that's what they look more like, haha.  Taste-wise, this is a classic flavor combo with a little something extra.
 
The Blueberry Coffeecake is one of the July cupcakes, and v. different from their usual flavors.  As you can see- there's no frosting- it's more of a sugary glaze topping the cake portion.  There were plenty of fresh blueberries inside the cake, with a slight lemony taste too which I liked.  I'm not a fan of blueberries, but my mom is, and seemed to enjoy this one, especially because there wasn't any frosting on it, haha.  I do agree though that a swirl of frosting would've been overkill on this particular one, especially with a name like Blueberry Coffeecake.  A cute option for those of you that are fans of: a) blueberries; b) no frosting; c) brunch-type flavors :o)

5 comments:

  1. The blueberry one looks good! I like that it is a little lemony.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Ilana: Yeah, I liked the lemony aspect of it a lot.

    @SNC: Haha, hope it's not me! ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love cupcakes cant wait to get one from here

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ellen: Georgetown Cupcakes' are awesome!

    ReplyDelete