Monday, April 11, 2011

Crumbs Mini Vanilla Cupcake

 


The first time I tried Crumbs in DC, I was pretty disappointed- the massive cupcake was dry along the outside, and the frosting felt dried out and crusty.  However, I figured I'd give them another try when I was by one recently; this time picking up one of their mini cupcakes to try out instead.

I'm glad I did, because this mini cupcake was much better than the regular cupcake I had tried previously.  It's a little two-biter, perfect for when you want a little something sweet.  The vanilla flavor is just right, not too overwhelming or perfume-y, as vanilla flavors can sometimes be.  The cake was moist, and the frosting was tasty as well.  Try out the mini cupcakes (they usually have a few flavors) if you're in the mood for a little bite of sweetness!    

2 comments:

  1. Holy frosting! I don't know if it's just the camera angle but the frosting looks 2x higher than the cake! I know Crumbs is all about much frosting but dang! :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Michelle: Haha! Yeah it might be mostly the camera angle, but they are pretty heavy-handed w/ the frosting :o)

    ReplyDelete