Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Starbucks Petites




Starbucks had a promotion a while back for the launch of their Petite snacks, offering each customer a free Petite of their choice with a drink purchase.  Of course I jumped on the chance to try out these little treats! 

My first Petite was the red velvet whoopie pie (above).  As you can see, they aren't kidding about the "Petite"-ness, as the whoopie pie isn't much bigger than the Starbucks logo on the bag, haha.  For a little afternoon snack though, it was the perfect size and level of cuteness.  One thing I could do without is the red frosting drizzle on top, as this got stuck to my fingers and it looked like I had stigmata, ha.



On my second trip, I knew I had to try one of the cake pops.  Thanks largely to Bakerella and her amazing cake pops, seems like more and more of these are popping up in stores everywhere!

I have to say I was pretty impressed with the packaging for the cake pops.  They were placed into a cube, pop-side down, with a sleeve that fit over that cube with a space on the top for the stick portion to fit into.  No worries about smushed cake pops here- v. clever!




I tried out the Tiramisu cake pop, which consists of: Vanilla cake and Starbucks coffee with vanilla icing, dipped in mocha flavored chocolaty coating, with a chocolate coffee bean.

Loved the idea of this.  The chocolate coffee bean on top is super cute and the cake pop smelled like sweet coffee, mmm.  Taste-wise, it was good, but really really really sweet.  Like "I can feel a cavity forming" sweet.  For about 2 bites worth, it sure packed a sugarbomb punch.  But, for 70 calories, this will definitely squash your afternoon sugar cravings, and you could definitely do a lot worse.  

Overall I like the idea of these Petites- a little something sweet to go with your latte, always a good thing!  

6 comments:

  1. Cake pops really are some of the cutest things!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Shannon: Definitely, so cute!

    @Ashley: Only a few days left til you could get one!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bought a cakepop for a friend's birthday, and they just shoved it in the paper bag and sent me on my way. She liked it, though, so there's that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL at "stigmata"! XP I haven't tried the cake pops yet. Must!

    (Great question. No, it's not normal. This particular prix fixe was done this way as a quicker way for peeps to eat before heading to a Vegas show. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. @freckledk: I'm glad it didn't get smushed and your friend liked it!

    @SNC: Yes definitely try one out!//Ok that makes sense as a pre-theatre option. Nice!

    ReplyDelete