Friday, November 22, 2013

Dunkin' Donuts - Pumpkin Pie Doughnut



As soon as I heard about the new Pumpkin Pie doughnuts at Dunkin' Donuts, I knew that I had to try it out immediately, haha.  This doughnut is "a pumpkin pie-flavored, buttercreme-filled yeast shell, frosted with white dipping icing and sprinkled with graham cracker topping".

Luckily for me, it didn't take long to find this doughnut at a nearby DD, compared to other times that I've searched for limited edition items that I couldn't seem to find anywhere near me.  So, first things first - yes, this doughnut is sweet. VERY sweet. But really, what do you expect from a pumpkin pie themed doughnut from Dunkin' Donuts? Restraint isn't exactly in their vocabulary, haha. The filling was a touch harder than I would've liked - but remember that I'm a fan of their Boston Kreme doughnuts, which is a much softer consistency.  The graham cracker crumbs on top were a nice little touch, although they didn't do much for the flavor for me.  Overall I wouldn't eat this every day - I don't think anyone should be, haha - but I am always happy to try out pumpkin foods and I'm glad I got to try this one! 


No comments:

Post a Comment