Friday, November 8, 2013

Volt - Brunch

I finally got to check off a restaurant that I have wanted to visit for some time now: Chef Bryan Voltaggio's Volt in Frederick, MD! My friend S and met up for brunch there recently, and we were super pumped to be there - literally, I think we were "woo"-ing at the table once we sat down, haha. We opted for the 3-course brunch and it took a while for us to make our decisions as we sipped on mimosas- everything looked great!



The bread service was. Awesome. There were a selection of about 5 housemade breads to choose from, including these bacon-thyme brioche and chive biscuits. The biscuits especially were so fluffy and rich, I probably could've eaten a dozen on my own. 



Calamari Bolognese: Miso, squid ink Cavatelli, Parmigiano Reggiano

This was a no-brainer for me, as Chef Voltaggio had made this dish during his time on Top Chef Masters, and I really wanted to try it out. To say this dish was full of flavor would be an understatement- the components all came together in this decadent plate of savoriness, if that makes any sense.  Delicious!





Scallops, congee, country ham

There are actually more components to this dish but it is no longer on the online menu so I'm just going off my Instagram notes, haha. The scallops were huge, and cooked perfectly.  I loved the congee on the bottom, it reminded me of Japanese okayu (rice porridge).




For dessert, we both ordered the chocolate option- obviously, haha.  This was a really delicious dessert with lots of textures and components.  Chocolate, hazelnut, and marshmallow were the main components here, and clearly you can't go wrong with those! I loved the presentation, so pretty!




Along with our check, we also received these mini cinnamon coffee cakes to take home, which was a lovely touch for the end of the brunch! I tried this the following morning and it was super flavorful and crumbly, just what you would want from a good coffee cake. I am so happy that I got to try out Volt, and I would highly recommend it for brunch! 


Volt
228 North Market Street
Frederick, MD 21701
301.696.8658

No comments:

Post a Comment