Thursday, October 23, 2014

Atlanta Visit - Doughnuts, Jeni's, and BBQ

As I mentioned in yesterday's post, I had a wonderful visit to Atlanta last month to see my friends A and D. We had a lot of food plans in our agenda, and it was great getting to check out so many places in one weekend!



My first meal upon landing in Atlanta was this plate of deliciousness, courtesy of Cypress Street Pint & Plate.  After some appetizers, D and I split an order of the Sublime Doughnut: 
½ lb burger. cheddar. caramelized onion. applewood bacon. two sublime doughnuts.  Yes, we were totally being responsible by deciding to split one order, hahaha.  The doughnut buns were so good and didn't fall apart at all from the inside ingredients, which I was very impressed by.  




After dinner, we stopped in Jeni's for ice cream.  I was super excited to check out my first Jeni's scoop shop since I normally can only buy their ice cream at grocery stores. I tried a scoop each of the Bangkok Peanut and The Milkiest Chocolate in the World.  The Bangkok Peanut was more spicy than I thought it would be, but I thought it was an interesting flavor and went well with the sweet milk chocolate.  The shop is super cute and in a very nice area with lots of shops and restaurants around it! 




One more food highlight of our weekend was at Fox Bros Bar-B-Q - mmmmmmmmmm this was so good!  We split this combo plate with chicken, ribs, wings, and beef brisket, as well as two sides of macaroni and cheese. This order was a great way for us to try a little bit of all the options, and everything was great. This was super delicious and I would definitely go back for more BBQ.

I always have a great time when I visit A and D in Atlanta and this weekend was no exception.  Special thanks to them for taking me to all of these fun places, and appreciating good food and trying new places! 

1 comment: