Monday, May 20, 2019

Sunday Morning Bakehouse - Mother's Day Strawberry Toast


What a beautiful strawberry toast!  As soon as I saw this on Sunday Morning Bakehouse's Instagram account during Mother's Day weekend, I knew I had to go get one.  I also was very curious about the "toast" being made out of Croissant dough instead of a regular bread. 

The strawberry toast consisted of Croissant bread, homemade jam, vanilla cream cheese mousse, fresh strawberries, buttery crumble, and an edible flower.  These were so pretty to look at even before taking a single bite. 

The thick Croissant toast held all of the toppings perfectly without getting too soggy, and I loved the thick vanilla cream cheese mousse as the creamy base for the other ingredients.  This was definitely a fork and knife type of pastry, and all of the components were really tasty.  I hope this (or another version with different components) comes back to the market soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment