Monday, January 25, 2010

Recipe Review: Matcha Cookies



Pretty!

I tried out another matcha recipe from the Kirbie Cravings blog - I have previously made the matcha-cream cheese brownies from this blog as well, which I liked a lot.

I added a chopped walnut piece to the top of each of the cookies, which made them look pretty cute.  These cookies were crispy, buttery, and had a great color and flavor from the matcha powder.  I made these again recently, with more chopped walnuts on top, and they turned out pretty well also, lots of texture and flavor.

The recipe recommends the dough to be about ping-pong ball shaped, but they can be made a little bigger depending on your preferences.  Just be sure to keep an eye on them in the oven because they will brown v. easily if they're left in just a little too long.  Even if you're not a huge green tea person, I'd highly recommend trying these out.  

2 comments: