Thursday, February 18, 2010

Review: Georgetown Cupcake's Chocolate Strawberry and Chocolate Banana Cupcakes

Chocolate Strawberry + Chocolate Banana

Another day, another Georgetown Cupcake post :o)  February's special flavors are Strawberry (previously reviewed here) and Chocolate Strawberry, and I'm happy to report that both flavors are available EVERY day!  Normally the monthly specials alternate days that they are available, so this was a nice surprise.  As you can see I also picked up a Chocolate Banana, since I'd never tried that one before.

Chocolate Strawberry was everything I like about the two flavors, rolled into one YUMMY cupcake.  It's the same topping as the regular Strawberry cupcake, paired with a rich chocolate cake underneath.  If this flavor didn't sell out on Valentine's day, I'd be super surprised- it's PERFECT for that kind of holiday, haha.  

Chocolate Banana was a pleasant surprise when I got around to trying it out.  What I initially thought was a regular chocolate cake turned out to be a chocolate cake with fresh banana mixed in- it was like a chocolatey banana bread, v. moist.  The banana frosting I was a little less thrilled with- it was good, but just v. overwhelmingly banana-tasting (go figure).  I probably wouldn't order this one again, but would recommend it if you love banana baked goods.  

Chocolate Strawberry is offered through February- so if you haven't tried it yet, definitely check it out soon!    

3 comments: