Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Athenos Greek Strained Yogurt


  • I Paid: $2.00 for all three (booyah!)
  • Description: Greek Strained Nonfat Yogurt

I normally stick with specific brands for Greek yogurt, but I couldn't pass up using a "Buy 2 get 1 free" coupon on a 10/$10 deal at Harris Teeter.  Conveniently, they had three flavors available, so I picked up one of each - Honey, Strawberry, and Peach.

Overall, I enjoyed these yogurts, but wouldn't choose it over the other ones that I normally buy.  What I liked most about them is that the flavor came in a little side cup, meaning you can mix in as much or as little of it as you like to the plain Greek yogurt.  Considering I usually eat plain Greek yogurt by itself, this was a welcome change from other pre-mixed flavored yogurts.  I didn't dislike the honey one per se, but if this wasn't on sale I wouldn't get this.  I think it'd be much cheaper to buy a big tub of Greek yogurt and just use your own honey, but I guess for some people having it in one container is more convenient.  If you eat toast with yogurt in the morning, this might be a good one to buy, as you can use any leftover honey/strawberry preserve/peach preserve on your toast as well, haha. 






No comments:

Post a Comment