Monday, March 21, 2011

Honest Tea Passionfruit Green Tea



When I went with M to a Yelp event in DC earlier this year, I was happy to see that Honest Tea was one of the vendor sponsors.  Based in Bethesda, Maryland, I've always enjoyed all of their various teas and other beverages. 

That being said, this might be the first flavor of Honest Tea that I did not enjoy.  At all.  The idea of it sounded really good: Organic Passion Fruit Green Tea with Maqui Berry.  However, there was definitely some sort of an odd aftertaste with this one, like a sugar gone awry.  Maybe I'm just not a fan of Stevia, which is what is used in this drink?  I tried this drink a few times over the course of 3 days, just to see if the taste was due to something I ate, but no dice.  I can't quite put my finger on it but the berry taste especially did not work out so well for me.  I still love you, Honest Tea, but from now on I'll be drinking the many other flavors you make that I love instead!

No comments:

Post a Comment