Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Bitter Almond Kit Kats



Before I review this, can I just say that I get a kick out of this Kit Kat being called Bitter Almond?  I just get this mental picture of a distressed almond who was scorned by a lover or something, wearing all black and slashing tires on a car. 

....ok moving right along...

This is another Kit Kat flavor courtesy of my mom, who got me a box from Japan.  I enjoy these little 2-packs of Kit Kats because they're the perfect size snack, but you don't have to commit to all 4 sticks at one time.  As you may tell from the photo, these Kit Kats are much darker than regular milk chocolate Kit Kats.  Also, the little light flecks you see are bits of almonds.  Taste-wise, these Kit Kats are excellent if you're a fan of dark chocolate especially.  The almond pieces were abundant but didn't compete with the dark chocolate coating.  This went really well with a cup of tea because it wasn't overly sweet or cloying.  I would definitely get these again!




2 comments:

  1. I think I've seen this flavor at the Japanese market near me. I've been curious about trying it, it sounds interesting. I love how you can get so many diff flavors in Japan. I want to visit Japan and just bring an empty suitcase to fill with different kit kat flavors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @kirbie: Definitely try it out if you get a chance! And yes I wish all of the flavors were available outside of Japan too!

    ReplyDelete