Thursday, November 20, 2014

Shake Shack - Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate

One of the lesser-known but equally delicious menu items at Shake Shack is their hot chocolate, which is normally available every day during the cold winter months.  I've had it before, and it is a rich and tasty cup of chocolate, good to the last sip.

This year, it looks like they are changing things up a bit and offering a Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate, woo! This year’s Shack hot chocolate features a blend of bittersweet dark chocolates, caramel sauce, sea salt and fresh milk.

This sounds like a delicious variation to their regular hot chocolate and I can't wait to try it out! 

Update as of 11/19: Last night my friend S and I were by a Shake Shack after dinner so we both got this new hot chocolate.  I'm not sure if it was only because Tuesday also happens to be Salted Caramel custard day this month, but we were VERY pleasantly surprised to find a scoop of custard inside our cups of hot chocolate. This was AWESOME - I loved the contrast of the hot drink and the cold, creamy custard.  I'll have to try this out again (not on a Tuesday) and see if it comes with ice cream inside, haha. 

No comments:

Post a Comment