Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Kinoko no Yama - Matcha Milk Biscuits



Ever since I was little, I have loved the Kinoko no Yama  chocolate cookies - probably the only time I've liked mushrooms, haha.  They are normally little biscuit stems with a milk chocolate mushroom cap.  This variation has the same biscuit stem, but with a layer of matcha (green tea) and milk (white chocolate) as the cap.  

These are sooooooooooooo good.  I'm a huge fan of green tea flavored sweets in general, and these were the perfect poppable bites of chocolate and biscuit.  The crispy stem is the perfect amount of texture for the smooth chocolate caps.  It's really hard to not eat the whole box in one sitting, haha.  I bought these at a Japanese market a while back and haven't seen them since - I hope I can find them again! 

No comments:

Post a Comment