Monday, November 12, 2012

Baked & Wired: Flapjack & Unporked Elvis Cupcakes



A while back N and I were in Georgetown and hit up one of our favorite spots, Baked & Wired.  I saw a Serious Eats post about the Flapjack cupcake, and I knew I had to try it ASAP.

On the back left we have the Unporked Elvis, and on the right we have the Flapjack:

Flapjack maple brown butter cupcake with caramel buttercream and candied bacon on top.

Elvis Impersonator AKA The Unporked Elvis Banana cupcake topped with peanut butter frosting and drizzled with chocolate.

Both of the cupcakes were delicious, but I have to say I really enjoyed the maple brown butter cupcake portion of the Flapjack cupcake was Deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelicious. Super super super tasty. Trying both of these cupcakes at the same time was a little overwhelming but it had to be done... ok not really, but it was pretty fun, haha.

I would recommend either of these cupcakes, but probably the Flapjack one moreso because I really loved the cake portion of it. But hey, either one should satisfy anyone's sweet tooth :o)




No comments:

Post a Comment