Monday, November 5, 2012

Shake Shack - Figs & Coach Farms Goat Cheese Custard


Back in September I headed over to Shake Shack to try out the Figs & Coach Farms Goat Cheese custard... yeah, not something you see everyday, right?

Much like many of the other non-chocolate custards, this special flavor looked exactly like a regular vanilla custard at first glance, haha.  I was always suspicious that they gave me regular custard in the beginning, but I've since come to realize that a lot of them look plain on the outside.

The goat cheese flavor was very pronounced, but not overbearing.  I felt like it added an extra level of creaminess as well as some tart flavor to the custard base.  As far as the fig portion, I can't recall any big pieces of figs being visible, but there were specks of fruit mixed in as well.  I find that many of their special flavor custards are blended really well, to the point that the flavors are more so tasted than seen.  This was a good and creative flavor - any goat cheese fans will love this one!

*Update: Shake Shack provided me a link with more information on Coach Farms here!

3 comments:

  1. That sounds AMAZING! I've made goat cheese ice cream before and loved it and can see how fig would pair well with it.

    ReplyDelete