Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Seattle Eats - Din Tai Fung and Preservation Kitchen

Of course a visit to Seattle wouldn't be complete without some delicious food! While I was visiting my parents over Thanksgiving, I had great meals at both Din Tai Fung and Preservation Kitchen.  I'd highly recommend both restaurants for anyone visiting the Seattle area.


My mom and I tried out Din Tai Fung while we were out shopping in Bellevue Square - even at 2pm, the restaurant was packed!  The hosts will take your cell phone number and text you when your table is ready, which worked out well.  The food was great and the service was quick and friendly - I'm sure they get questions about their famous soup dumplings, and our server was happy to help out.

In addition to an order of sauteed spinach with garlic, we got:   




Pork and Crab Soup Dumplings




Vegetarian Shanghai Rice Cakes




The super cute soup dumpling mascot, greeting everyone at the front waiting area.


On another day, my parents and I tried out Preservation Kitchen's Dine Around Seattle menu, where participating restaurants offer $15 three-course lunches.  The restaurant is located outside of Seattle in what was originally home to the mayor of Bothell, WA.  This was a great deal, and the atmosphere of this small restaurant was wonderful as well!




Appetizer: Polenta Tots with Chipotle-Lime Aioli




Entree: Wild Boar Ragu- Pappardelle, Boar Shoulder Ragu, Parmesan Reggiano




Dessert: Pumpkin Bread Pudding


Din Tai Fung - Bellevue
700 Bellevue Way NE #280
Bellevue, WA 98004

Preservation Kitchen
17121 Bothell Way NE
Bothell, WA 98011
425.408.1306


4 comments:

  1. everything looks wonderful, we have a din tai fung in Osaka, I gotta go try them soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum, I love DTF! It's so cool they have the cute guy at this one. I've seen the big mascot in Taiwan, but not when I went to the LA locations.

    ReplyDelete