Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Hershey's Rich Chocolate Chip Toffee Bars




I recently discovered a can of sweetened condensed milk in my kitchen, and no idea why I bought it - haha.  I'm sure I had a recipe in mind at some point, and then forgot all about it.  

When I mentioned this my friend T, she sent me this recipe that she has made before - Rich Chocolate Chip Toffee Bars.  I omitted the nuts, and went out to get the toffee bits on my grocery trip that day.  Otherwise, it's all items that are readily available in my pantry!

It definitely helps to read through the recipe first, because there's a few separate steps involved - compared to regular cookie bars.  The layers come together very easily; however it's important to make sure you do everything at the right time.  I used the Nestle springtime chocolate chips, which added fun pastel colors to the bars.  The bars are very soft when they come out of the oven, but firm up quite well once they're cool.  They were a big hit at work, with lots of flavor and texture in each bite! 


No comments:

Post a Comment