Monday, April 8, 2019

Shake Shack - Cherry Blossom Shake


Shake Shack came out with some very exciting news this spring by bringing the famous cherry blossom shake from their Japanese outlets over to the US!  I have seen the cherry blossom/spring themed items being offered at their locations in Japan on social media in the past, and really wanted to try them out here. 



This shake is a "vanilla frozen custard blended with cherry blossom and topped with pink chocolate curls".  I was so relieved that Shake Shack stayed true to the cherry blossom flavor and didn't default to a cherry flavor.  A lot of places (especially in the DC area) offer "cherry blossom specials" during the spring, but cherry blossoms are not cherries!  Since I don't like cherry flavors to begin with this is particularly a problem when I see it, haha. 

I will admit that it's hard to describe the cherry blossom flavor, but it's slightly floral, sweet, but also a little salty, if salted cherry blossoms are used.  The real draw is the pretty pink color and a distinctly spring flavor.  I grew up enjoying sakura mochi and other cherry blossom chocolates and sweets, so I really enjoyed this shake.  Especially with the pretty pink chocolate curls on top which resemble cherry blossom petals - so cute!  This shake is only available for a limited time, depending on the location - I hope they bring it back again next spring!     

No comments:

Post a Comment