Monday, April 15, 2019

Sushiko - Kani Karaage (Soft Shell Crab)

Soft shell crab season is back!  I love soft shell crabs and can't get enough of them when they start popping up on restaurants menus this time of year.  One of my favorite soft shell crab dishes in the area is the Kani Karaage at Sushiko in Chevy Chase, MD.  "Kani" means Crab in Japanese, and "Karaage" is most commonly known as bite size Japanese fried chicken, but in this case is linked to the way the crab is prepared.  

I recently met a few friends there for happy hour, which includes some great deals on sushi hand rolls and appetizers.  But I was there mainly for the delicious fried soft shell crab, which is super crispy without being greasy or heavy - so good!  This dish is on the regular menu so even if you're not there during happy hour I highly recommend trying it while it's available!

  





No comments:

Post a Comment