Monday, March 24, 2014

Shake Shack - Super Fry Frickle Dog + Golden Sponge Creme Cake Custard

I always love limited edition menu items at Shake Shack, and this one was extra special since it was just for the DC area!

The Super Fry Frickle Dog is a delicious collaboration between Shake Shack and Gordy's Pickle Jar, a local pickle company.  I love pickles, so this was definitely on my to-do list as soon as I could get over to a Shake Shack, haha.

 



I got a nice little bonus during my visit - for a limited number of orders, they were also giving out a free jar of Gordy's Thai Basil jalapenos, woo!  The hot dog was liberally covered with melted cheese and the fried shallots and jalapenos.  It might sound like an unusual combination, but I loved how the crunch of the toppings complimented the melted cheese and delicious hot dog.  

In addition to the Fry Frickle Dog, I also tried the Golden Sponge Creme Cake custard - mmmmmm, so good!  It looked like French Vanilla ice cream with the bright yellow color, but tasted just like a delicious vanilla cake ice cream.  I hope they bring back the Fry Frickle Dog and this custard again soon! 

No comments:

Post a Comment