Friday, March 30, 2018

Mari Andrew at Sixth & I - March 29th, 2018

Sixth & I synagogue always has a great lineup of events throughout the year, and I particularly enjoy when people stop here on a book tour.  I was happy to see Mari Andrew on the upcoming events list because I enjoy following her on Instagram for her mix of funny and thoughtful posts.  If you take a look at the comments on her posts, you'll find a lot of people relating to what she drew, from the types of crushes we've all had to navigating life's big decisions.    




Mari's talk at the event last night focused a lot on what she considers sources of power, which she had also posted about recently here.  I think the reason why her posts are so popular is because she's able to describe things in a fairly simple format, but in a way that's easily relate it back to your own life and actions.  I really enjoyed seeing her speak in person and she seemed very down to earth and so appreciative of people coming to see her which was very sweet! 



Her book Am I There Yet?: The Loop-de-loop, Zigzagging Journey to Adulthood includes lots of stories and new illustrations about the journey to adulthood and navigating different types of issues.  I think her stories are good for anyone regardless of age, since we've all had moments of doubt in ourselves, our careers, and our relationships. Be sure to take a look at her book and Instagram page if you're interested!

No comments:

Post a Comment