Monday, March 26, 2018

Recent Book Purchases


Read any good books lately?  I already have a stack of books that I've been meaning to get to, but I couldn't resist using a gift card on these books to read as well.  So far I have finished Call Me By Your Name, and just started China Rich Girlfriend a few days ago.

Call Me By Your Name was a great movie, and I liked how the original story was compared to the movie version.  It was a quick read for me, and I loved how well the author describes the long and lazy days of summer in Italy.  If anyone has read Crazy Rich Asians, the next book in the series is China Rich Girlfriend, and it's again filled with LOTS of characters, delicious-sounding food, and extravagant name-dropping throughout, haha.  Finally, I haven't read too much about The Actor's Life by Jenna Fischer previously, but I always enjoy reading "behind the scenes"-type books about Hollywood and actors.  I think it'd be unfair to automatically compare it to one of Mindy Kaling's books, but I hope there's some The Office tidbits in this one as well!

1 comment:

  1. Good book selection! I've been wanting to read the Crazy Rich Asians book series!

    ReplyDelete