Monday, November 9, 2009

Review: Nutella Brownie at Baked & Wired


Hellllllooooooo.

While T and I were enjoying a stress-free-wait-free night in Georgetown, I figured we'd take advantage of our time there and take her over to Baked & Wired.  Normally, going to Georgetown = Georgetown Cupcake, but since we already went and we still had some time to walk around, we headed down M Street to check out the coffeeshop/bakery.

I wish that it wasn't so easy to forget that Baked & Wired exists...  I mean it's easy enough to get to, but it's A) not directly on M street; and B) the opposite end of the shopping area from the Key Bridge, which is normally where I'd be coming in from.  But every time I have thought to go, it's always rewarded me handsomely :o)  I am obsessed with the PERFECT MOCHA from there, plus they have a wide range of cupcakes, cookies, and other treats all piled up in glass cases and jars. 

I took home a Nutella Brownie after a quick look around at the available choices.  I stored it in a Tupperware container and ate it a few days later.  It was delicious- as rich and decadent as you would expect a brownie with Nutella to be, haha.  I thought the crushed nuts on top were ok but sort of strange- as you can see they're only on about 1/3 of the brownie, which makes me wonder if these were accidental or just scattered unevenly.  Heated up on the microwave for about 10 seconds, the Nutella gets more oozy and it's really a fantastic brownie.  I'd highly recommend Baked & Wired for a quick stop in between walking around/shopping in Georgetown.  They have ample seating and fabulous drinks, in addition to a long list of pastries and other goodies that you may not find elsewhere in the neighborhood. 


Baked & Wired
1052 Thomas Jefferson St. NW (b/w 30th and 31st streets)
Washington, DC 20007 
202.333.2500

1 comment:

  1. YUM! I don't think that I've been to Baked and Wired yet. We'll have to go.

    ReplyDelete