Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Georgetown Cupcake: Chocolate Salted Caramel Cupcake



This yummy little number above was the free secret flavor recently at Georgetown Cupcake- Chocolate Salted Caramel.  I brought this up to PA with me to visit T and G, so that we could all try a little sample.  

This combo of chocolate and caramel was delicious!  I like their regular Salted Caramel cupcake, but the chocolate cake made for more of a contrast in the flavors that I really liked.  Also, the salt in the frosting was definitely more pronounced, which really made it a "salted caramel" - I've found that the regular salted caramel cupcake often didn't have a salt flavor in the frosting, more like the caramel flavor was muted.  T more or less agreed, saying that "I really couldn’t tell what the cake flavor was because the salted caramel icing took over the flavor.  But it was really good!!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment