Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Shake Shack - Abstract Espressonist Custard



As soon as I heard about a collaboration between Shake Shack and DC's Phillips Collection, I knew I had to go check it out!  I wasn't exactly sure what to expect with something called the "Abstract Espressonist" aside from it having coffee in it, haha.  

Thankfully the sign inside Shake Shack helped me out (above): Inspired by Alfonso Ossorio featuring espresso frozen custard blended with chocolate butter toffee and cinnamon marshmallow swirl.




If you're a fan of coffee ice cream, you would LOVE this custard. The small bits of chocolate butter toffee added some texture, and although I couldn't really detect any obvious marshmallow swirls I could taste the cinnamon throughout.  This was a delicious and fun collaboration, and I look forward to trying the other flavors! 




No comments:

Post a Comment