I was recently approached with an offer to sample several varieties of thinkThin bars, which may be ironic considering the not-so-health-minded nature of my blog, haha. However, I had seen some of these bars before at Whole Foods and thought it would be a worthwhile product for me to try out.
Just under a week ago, my package arrived, containing three boxes with the following bars:
thinkThin Chunky Peanut Butter Protein Bar:
- This high protein bar packs the nutty flavors of chunky roasted peanut butter blended with cocoa and covered in luscious milk chocolate. With zero grams sugar and no gluten, it's a guilt-free treat you can feel good about.
thinkThin Crunch Blueberry Mixed Nuts Bar:
- With 60% less sugar and 2x the amount of protein than leading fruit and nut bars, this delicious nutty delight is not only a good source of fiber packed with peanuts, almonds and cashews, but also has a generous helping of blueberries - nature's jewels and nutrition-rich superfruits.
thinkThin Crunch Coconut Chocolate Mixed Nuts Bar:
- Weirdly, this one had no description on the website, haha. It is similar to the Blueberry Mixed Nuts bar, but with coconut flakes on top and a chocolate coating on the bottom half.
The chunky peanut butter bar, I could definitely see myself buying on my own - helllllloooo, peanut butter and chocolate, no complaints here. But then I just had to laugh at the irony of receiving BOTH a blueberry and coconut-based bar, considering my general disdain of those specific flavors. It's almost as if the company really wanted to challenge someone to review something they wouldn't normally eat, haha.
Anyhoo, I tried all of the flavors out, and here are my quick notes on them:
Chunky Peanut Butter Protein bar: Woo! This is a filling and tasty bar, especially if you're a fan of peanut butter like I am. I had this for breakfast for a few days, and it was a convenient and quick way to eat at work. I initially thought it would actually be more chunky (as in, chunks of peanuts inside), but it's still more on the chewy side than smooth in terms of consistency. For being a relatively small bar it definitely kept me full until lunch.
Blueberry Mixed Nuts bar: I actually liked the appearance of this bar at first glance- it looked like there were lots of whole nuts and other stuff packed into the small snack-size bar. Like I said before, I don't like blueberries but fortunately (for me), this bar wasn't packed with tons of whole berries, more like dabs of blueberry pieces throughout. It started to taste like a peanut butter and jelly sandwich after a few bites, due to the abundant nuts and the pockets of blueberries.
Coconut Chocolate Mixed Nuts bar: This bar is the same snack-size as the Blueberry Mixed Nuts, but with a liberal sprinkling of coconut on top. I liked the layer of chocolate on the bottom of the bar, because hello, chocolate. Not my favorite, but anyone that is a fan of coconut/chocolate will enjoy this one.
Overall, I was happy to try out something new, and I think these bars are a great option for a quick breakfast, snack, travel companion, or a little something to tide you over when you're feeling Hangry. I'm planning on bringing a few of the peanut butter bars on my trip to Japan (TOMORROW!) in case I get hungry on the plane rides.
Now, here's the fun part! In addition to my samples I was offered a chance to give one of my readers a chance to try these out too, in a Wellness Box:
Wellness Box includes: one 10 bar box of thinkThin® high protein bars (with 0g sugar), one 10 bar box of thinkThin® Crunch (with 10g protein and 70% less sugar than leading fruit and nut bars), three boxes of thinkThin® Bites.
Here's how to enter:
- Follow my blog ("Join this site" widget on the bottom left section of this page), if you aren't already following.
- Leave a comment on this post with your favorite healthy snack. Apple slices? Yogurt? Rolled up turkey slices? Let me know!
- Giveaway will run from 10:00AM May 21st - 5:00PM June 3rd (Eastern Standard Time).
- Winner will be chosen at random and notified via e-mail (so please make sure there is a valid e-mail address attached to, or included in the body of your entry). The winner's name will be announced on my blog after winner verification.
- One entry per person, please.
I look forward to seeing the entries while I am in Japan!