Thursday, February 27, 2014

Daikaya - Mugi-Miso Ramen



I'm a huge fan of the Shoyu (soy sauce) ramen at Daikaya, but every once in a while I actually manage to branch out a little, haha.  I chose the Mugi-Miso ramen during a recent visit: "Our barley miso ramen has a very fragrant quality and is lighter than traditional miso. Miso ramen is native to Sapporo, but using mugi-miso is special to Daikaya." 

The taste is definitely different than the shoyu ramen, but I did find this miso ramen to be delicious as well.  One main reason that I don't usually like miso ramen is because the miso flavor can be cloying and a little overwhelming, but this one had a very balanced flavor.  Considering I didn't think I liked miso either before enjoying this ramen, I would definitely recommend giving it a try if you're looking to switch it up a bit from the more widely-known soy sauce based broth. 

No comments:

Post a Comment