Thursday, December 23, 2010

Georgetown Cupcake Holiday Decorating Event, 12/19/2010

Cupcakes, cupcakes, everywhere!  This past Sunday afternoon, N and I ventured to the "we never knew it existed" Ritz-Carlton in Georgetown for a Georgetown Cupcake holiday decorating event.  The space was packed with mostly moms with their little girls, all eagerly awaiting their chance to decorate cupcakes and meet the owners of Georgetown Cupcake.  

  
  


Once we paid and got our empty box for a dozen cupcakes, we headed over to the closest station for decorating.  There's Sophie, one of the owners, telling another participant about how to get that signature swirl.  



Each station had tiers of pre-baked, unfrosted cupcakes, either pastry bags or bowls filled with frosting, and fondant or other "extra" decorations that went with each flavor.





Along the side of the room, there were also tables full of lovely mini cupcakes for tasting, although I saw more than a few people trying to stack these minis into their boxes to take home, haha.  The mini versions were SO cute, I wish they sold these in their stores too!  The hotel also had drink stations with hot apple cider and hot chili chocolate available for everyone- yum!




And here we have my finished box!  I think I did a decent job trying to emulate the signature swirl frosting, although my fudge and caramel "flowers" leave much to be desired, haha.  Another great thing is that we could make as many of whatever flavor cupcakes we wanted, meaning I could double up on the flavors I really like :o)  On the top row, left to right, we have: Red Mitten Vanilla, Chocolate Chip, Caramel, and Cinnamon Spice.  Middle row, left to right, we have: Chocolate Hazelnut, Lava Fudge, Chocolate Hazelnut, and Rudolph Red Velvet.  Finally, on the bottom row, left to right, we have: Red Mitten Vanilla, Rudolph Red Velvet, Gingerbread, and White Chocolate Peppermint.  I love how festive the cupcakes look together!



Unfortunately I didn't win anything at the raffle (boooooooo, haha), but the sisters gave away a few of their t-shirts and travel mugs. 


 

Couldn't leave without a photo-op!  Here's N and I with Sophie and Katherine, the owners of Georgetown Cupcake.  They were v. nice and friendly to everyone, especially all of the little kids that had that star-struck, (and likely sugar-high) look in their eyes when they saw the sisters, haha.  The event was fun, festive, and everyone there was just super excited about cupcakes, so how could I not love that?  Now I just need to practice getting that signature swirl down for my own cupcakes!

2 comments:

  1. What a fun event! Did you dye your hair? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @SNC: Yeah it was v. fun! Ohhhh and quite the opposite- I'm long due for a color appointment, haha!

    ReplyDelete