Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Love, Love, Love: Apple Cider Donuts



Can I just tell you how excited I was to FINALLY get my hands on some cider donuts over Thanksgiving?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!!!!!!?!?!?!!?!

Ok, but seriously, cider donuts are AMAZING and anyone that's never had one is totally missing out.  Which might be the majority of people I know in the DC area, because they apparently don't have these tasty gems at any of the apple orchards/farms around here!  Blasphemy! 

These lovely cider donuts above are from the fabulous Terhune Orchards in NJ, LOVE them!!!  They have a cute little store with two giant dogs hanging out on the porch- for as long as I can remember, they've always been around, haha.  They sell plain cider donuts, cinnamon-sugar sprinkled cider donuts, and now also sell cider donut holes, yum! 

If anyone's looking to make their own (and if you do, send me some), here's a recipe for cider donuts that I recently found on Serious Eats.  

3 comments:

  1. Wah...I'm totally missing out then! =(

    (Btw, when I went to buy the Lord & Taylor coupon it was sold out. *cries* Hope it pops up again!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @KandS: I can't even imagine how good they'd be if they were "Re-worked" in Japanese bakeries, haha.

    @SNC: Oh no, hope they have another good deal soon that you can get!

    ReplyDelete