Monday, December 13, 2010

Taylor Gourmet - Schuylkill Expressway + Lombard Avenue Hoagies



In my quest to chomp through the entire Taylor Gourmet menu, here's two more hoagies that I've recently had.

Up top we've got the Schuykill Expressway, aka the one I can never pronounce, no matter how close I've lived to Philly my whole life, haha.  I think it's supposed to be "Skew-cal" but I'm not even really sure about that, so don't quote me on it.  Name confusion aside, this hoagie packs in prosciutto, roasted red peppers, sharp provolone, lettuce, and onion.  I'm not a huge fan of onions but it added a nice sharp tang to the red peppers and the thin slices of prosciutto.



Here we've got the Lombard Avenue, which is Soppresata, Genoa salami, roasted red peppers, pesto, fresh mozzarella, and lettuce.  I love Genoa salami so this was already going to be a winner for me, haha.   I probably could've done without the roasted red pepper because the texture was too similar to the thick slices of mozzarella, but it's still a v. tasty hoagie.  

I can't wait to keep going down the Taylor Gourmet menu, woo!

2 comments:

  1. Gawd, I love fresh mozzarella. \(^_^)/

    (Thanks for the suggestion! But I donated it this weekend. T_T I think it was only good for a year which had already passed. Oh and btw, got your card! XD Look out for mine! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @SNC: I know, I love CHEESE :o)

    ReplyDelete