Friday, December 17, 2010

NYC Weekend: Shake Shack

Before brunch on Saturday, we were nearby one of my favorites- I'm so happy we stopped by Shake Shack!! And so awesome that there was barely a line, I've never been this close to the ordering window when I first get there.




Since we were on our way to brunch, I unfortunately could not get a Shackburger, but made up for it by getting a custard, haha.  Their Saturday flavor was Gingerbread, which was appropriately festive, so I got a small cup of that. 



This custard was smooth, creamy, and definitely tasted like gingerbread.  The only negative thing is that the taste gets a little monotonous after a few bites, especially with a pretty strong flavor like gingerbread.  But, I'm happy I got to try it and would recommend it for anyone that likes gingerbread cookies or just being festive :o)



M opted for the Shack Attack concrete: chocolate custard with hot fudge (which she substituted w/ peanut butter sauce), chocolate truffle cookie dough, Valrhona chocolate chunks, and chocolate sprinkles.  This was SO good!  The cup was jam-packed with all sorts of chocolately, crunchy, rich, deliciousness.  I can't imagine finishing one of these alone- the three of us couldn't even finish it- but I'd be tempted to if I really was craving chocolate, haha.  I'm so grateful for the warm(er) weather we had this day so that we could enjoy these treats!

2 comments:

  1. That looks so yummy! Don't think I've ever had custard like that before.

    (Haha! All I have from him is a bag. Not enough!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @SNC: It's v. rich, but really delicious! Hope you acquire more SK stuff in 2011!

    ReplyDelete