Monday, December 27, 2010

NYC Weekend: Brunch at Locanda Verde

One of the many highlights on my recent trip to NYC was finally getting to try Locanda Verde!!  I've heard so many good things about this place, mostly from Serious Eats, so I was super excited to try it out!

A group of us headed there for brunch and it was great to see a variety of dishes that they offer.  There were so many yummy-sounding dishes, it took a while for me to pick one.   





Our group started with two orders of the sheep's milk ricotta with truffle honey and burnt orange toast.  So so so so good!  We all raved about the great combo of the creamy ricotta with the crunchy bread.   The orange scent and flavor wasn't overwhelming but added a nice extra touch to the dish.   Mmmmm...cheese, haha.


 


After a LOT of bouncing around from one section of the menu to another, I finally decided on the Orecchiette with homemade duck sausage, broccoli rabe, and piave.  Helloooooooo, pasta + homemade duck sausage.  For as rich as this dish sounds on paper, it was actually a really well-balanced tasty dish, especially with the crisp-tender broccoli rabe mixed in.  But let's be honest,  it tasted really good- I would've licked the bowl clean no matter how heavy it was to me, haha.  

I'm so happy I finally got to try this place out- I would definitely go back again!


377 Greenwich Street
New York, NY 10013
212.925.3797

1 comment:

  1. ah, this looks amazing! I've added it to my "To Visit" list for NYC, now~

    ReplyDelete