Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Japan Visit - Mister Donut


Of course a visit to Mister Donut was on the Must list during my trip to Japan!  It's always so delicious, and they have a good selection of seasonal items pretty frequently so there's always something new to try.



It being the end of September, fall and Halloween doughnuts were in full force in the shop that I went to - there were so many fun flavors to choose from! 



We wound up getting a chestnut marron cream doughnut, plain Pon de Lion, brown Pon de Lion, and a chestnut Pon de Lion.  If you ever find yourself at a Mister Donut in Japan or other Asian country, you must try a Pon de Lion- the little doughnut holes have mochi in them, which make them extra chewy and super tasty!  I also loved the fall-only chestnut doughnuts - not too sweet, with a deep chestnut flavor throughout.




In addition to the delicious doughnuts, there was one VERY important reason for the Mister Donut visit - right before I went to Japan, they started a promotion for these super fun Hello Kitty collaboration curry plates, with a number of purchases on a point card.  Of course I had to get one since it was still going on while I was there, and I'm so happy I was able to get the design I wanted.  As you can see, it was a very tasty and worthwhile trip to Mister Donut! 

1 comment: