Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Review: Ciao Bella Mango Sorbet


  • I Paid: $4.00 with coupon, at Harris Teeter
  • Description: Mango Sorbet; Fat Free

Once again, an example of how packaging (especially with a coupon) can persuade me into trying something at the supermarket. I mean, look at it- Bright colors! Random snowflake! What's not to love?

Ciao Bella began in NYC and is now available at a good number of chain supermarkets, although not all (last I checked, the Giant by me did not carry these). I picked up the Mango Sorbet and Chocolate Hazelnut, due to the coupon I had.

The Mango sorbet is full-flavored and almost creamy, in a good way- which isn't normally associated with sorbets. What I mean is, you get a ton more of the fruit flavor, as opposed to a watered-down flavor like you might get with other sorbets. If you like Mango water ices from Rita's, for example, Ciao Bella's is like the souped-up, 'roided out version of that.

Final verdict? A delicious and satisfying sorbet for mango lovers. I'm excited to try the Chocolate Hazelnut one soon, to see how they do with non-fruit ingredients.

No comments:

Post a Comment