Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Shake Shack - Shacktoberfest + S'mores Custard

Hellllllllllllllllloooooooooo, Shake Shack Shacktoberfest!




I was a bit late to the game on checking out Shacktoberfest, but I'm glad that M and I got there the last weekend before it ended!  Unfortunately they were out of the Shacktoberfest beir steins but that just means I'll have to come back next year when the promotion starts up again.

I did get a ShackMeister marinated cheddar brat which is served with sauerkraut and grainy mustard.  My feelings about sauerkraut (blahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh) aside, this was one delicious bratwurst, fo sho.  The brat was snappy and really delicious.  I wound up taking off part of the sauerkraut but even I can admit that it tasted pretty darn good with the brat.  The grainy mustard added some texture and a little pop to the whole dish.
 



Being that we went on a Saturday, of course I HAD to try the Saturday custard, the S'mores!  As you can see there's chunks of graham crackers in the custard which add a pleasant crunch throughout.  Unfortunately I barely got any marshmallow flavor or texture and it tasted like regular chocolate custard, but it was still good regardless.

I look forward to checking out Shake Shack's Shacktoberfest again next year!

3 comments: