Thursday, March 29, 2012

Happy (Belated) Birthday Lady Gaga!

So, I scheduled my posts wrong and yesterday was actually Lady Gaga's birthday, whoops.  I'm sure she will find some way to forgive me, us being such close friends and all...haha.

Anyway- the fab Lady Gaga is now 26, which makes me in awe of how much she's accomplished and all the work she's put in to her craft at such a young age, and also makes me feel REALLY old. 

If any of you have seen the full "Marry the Night" video, you'll know that it is pretty crazy, and in my opinion, pretty epic.  There's certainly a lot going on in the video, so to speak.  Here's my favorite quote from the video - I find it to be much more thoughtful than one might expect from a music video:

When I look back on my life, it's not that I don't want to see things exactly as they happened, it's just that I prefer to remember them in an artistic way.

And truthfully, the lie of it all is much more honest because I invented it.

Clinical psychology tells us, arguably, that trauma is the ultimate killer. Memories are not recycled like atoms and particles in quantum physics. They can be lost forever. It’s sort of like my past is an unfinished painting, and as the artist of that painting, I must fill in all the ugly holes and make it beautiful again.

 It’s not that I’ve been dishonest, it’s just that I loathe reality. 

4 comments: