Wednesday, October 16, 2013

NYC Visit - Doughnut Plant




Oh Doughnut Plant, we finally meet!!! 

Just thinking about these doughnuts as I write this post is making me hungry.  I've known about Doughnut Plant for years (there are even some locations in Japan), but have never been until my recent visit to NYC.  It was so delicious, I had to go twice during my 3 day visit, haha!






On my first visit, I bought a Tres Leches doughnut and shared it with my friends H and J. We all thought it was fantastic and just SO rich and delicious. I'm not even a big Tres Leches lover and I thought this doughnut was really tasty. 





On my second visit, we went to Doughnut Plant on my way to the train back to DC, so I picked up the two (above) to take home. The top photo is the Creme Brulee Doughseed, which had a burnt sugar top and creamy custard filling. Don't let the small size fool you, this doughnut was very decadent haha.  

Last but certainly not least, THIS is the doughnut that made me want to go there in the first place - the new Coffee Cake doughnut.  I saw a post online about this new flavor that was debuting the same weekend I was going to NYC, so I knew that I had to get it. This doughnut has coffee in the dough, glaze, filling, and the crumbs, and it was AWESOME. Clearly the coffee flavor is abundant, but to have it in so many variations in one doughnut was amazing.  I'm so glad I got to try out a new doughnut during my trip!


Doughnut Plant - Hotel Chelsea
220 W 23rd Street 
New York, NY 10011

No comments:

Post a Comment