Tuesday, October 15, 2013

NYC Visit - Ippudo Ramen

During my recent NYC weekend trip, I had a lot of places to cover, starting out with lunch at Ippudo! I was definitely looking forward to trying it out, especially with a relatively convenient Midtown-ish location.  I've never been to Ippudo in Japan, so I couldn't wait to enjoy some of their ramen during my visit!



I decided to go with the Akamaru Modern: "A more bold, modern translation of the original pork broth; thin noodles topped with Ippudo's secret "Umami Dama" miso paste, pork chashu, cabbage, sesame kikurage mushrooms, scallions, and fragrant garlic oil."




Mmm, PORKY!  The broth was much lighter than I had anticipated with a pork broth, but in a good way with none of that heavy aftertaste.  The noodles were indeed very thin, much thinner than I've probably ever had in ramen before.  I loved the chashu slices and all of the other components mixed together in every bite.  Yes, I ate around the kikurage mushrooms for the most part, but still, haha.  This was a delicious start to my weekend and I'm really happy I got to try Ippudo's ramen, finally!


Ippudo - Westside
321 West 51st Street
New York, NY 10019

3 comments:

  1. Oh, this was on my list but I didn't get to it! Was so sad, esp since I went to Momofuku noodle bar and was disappointed by that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you get a chance to go another time!

      Delete
  2. Thank you for your post. This is excellent information. It is amazing and wonderful to visit your site. It really gives me an insight on this topic. You can find more information about architecture here.

    ReplyDelete