New Year's resolutions seem to be v. polarizing- either you love them and make a ton, or you hate them and actively profess your disdain towards resolutions and those that make them, haha. I for one like having a list of things that I'd like to complete throughout the year- might as well start in January when we're all feeling renewed and motivated!
You might notice that my list is pretty specific, maybe overly so. I do this on purpose so that it's a tangible statement that I can either say I did, or didn't do. On the other hand, if I said something vague like "Read more", I wouldn't really have anything to evaluate myself against, since it's too general of a resolution for me. Now I'm not saying this is how it should be for everyone, but more that this is what I know works for me.
I'm posting these on my blog mainly as a way of holding myself accountable. That's the other thing about my resolutions- I have to tell people to make it seem "real", like I actually have to follow through on them, haha. Here's what I've got so far, although I'll prob wind up adding some more later:
- Continue to do my nails once a week. I actually liked this one from last year and I could do it so I'll keep it, haha.
- Eat mostly only homemade (by me or someone else, aka Georgetown Cupcake still applies) desserts/treats unless it's something I really want. Clearly exceptions will be made on a situational basis, but for the most part this applies to me not eating the random storebought cookies that someone brings in to work because it won't really be that good/worth it anyway.
- Make at least two dishes from Cooking Light magazine each month once the new issue arrives. More is always better but hope to try at least two each month.
- Along that note, make at least one more recipe from one of my 9238749237492384 cookbooks each week. I cook a lot at home but not really a lot of new recipes, more just throwing stuff together that I have.
- Be more thorough with my skincare, using all the products I have, especially at night. Right now I always do face wash, eye cream, and lotion in the morning and night, but I have all these other products that I use only occasionally, so I'll try to make sure to use them every day.
- Use the kettlebell I bought at TJMaxx a few days ago for at least 30 minutes while watching tv every night.
So there you have it, my completely random and not-quite-life-changing list of resolutions, haha. Anyone else care to share what resolutions they have?