Tuesday, April 26, 2011

First Sprinkles DC Visit

T and her hubby G visited me a while back, and on the agenda was a trip to the new Sprinkles in Georgetown!   




The store isn't exactly the same layout as the one in LA (only one I've been to for comparison), but the general look is the same, with the window of cupcake offerings and the wooden cupcake shelving.  V. cute!
One thing I thought was annoying is how there isn't a natural progression when you walk into the store.  Most people naturally go to the right of the store, to see the cupcakes (photo above).  But the register where you order is to the left.  So, once you walk in and see the cupcakes, you then have to go through the other people in the center of the store in order to order, then stand in the middle with everyone else, since there isn't much space to begin with.  I guess you could just go straight in and to the left to order, but then you'd still have to deal with everyone else that is either waiting for their cupcakes or initially going to the right to look at the cupcakes and then ordering. 




Besides the "line" confusion, we were able to order without any issues and bring back cupcakes :o)




Cupcake Twins!!  We wound up getting two of the same flavor because it just looked really good, haha.  It's the Peanut Butter Chocolate cupcake: Chocolate chip studded peanut butter cake with fudgy milk chocolate cream cheese frosting...and TONS of chocolate sprinkles, which is weirdly omitted from Sprinkles' menu description, haha. 

This cupcake was soooooooooooo good.  Loooooooooooooooved the chocolate chips in the peanut butter cake, plus the texture of the copious sprinkles on top.  Really really really really rich and decadent.  I would absolutely get this again, and for my own good I should get it with other people to share with, it's really rich, haha.

Unfortunately I won't be going here all the time (compared to Georgetown Cupcake in Bethesda), but I look forward to trying more flavors when I find myself in Georgetown! 


Sprinkles Cupcakes DC
3015 M Street NW
Washington, DC 20007
202.450.1610

4 comments:

  1. Omg I've been wanting to try that flavor ( ya I creep the menu online haha) looove sprinkles!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmmmmmmmmm Sprinkles is sooooooo good! Haven't been to the Georgetown location yet, but now that the weather's nice I've got to get over there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Ashley: I think you'd def love it too!

    @Meppers: Yeah you should definitely head over there when you get a chance.

    @Shannon: It was reallllllllly good, haha.

    ReplyDelete